Saturday, September 10, 2011

Allergies

We have known for a long time that Ethan had allergies. We had the blood draw test awhile ago and were given a list of things he was allergic to. But the blood test is limited and only tests for 15 things. We wanted to be sure he didn't have more allergies and we needed to know how bad the peanut reaction is. So we opted for the more formal test a prick test. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! I mean really worst thing I have ever done as a mommy. First off I was hugely pregnant. Then Ethan didn't understand what was going on just that he was being hurt. I had to hold Ethan down while they poked him about 40 times as he SCREAMED that it hurt.


Then once that was done I had to hold him down for another 20 min on his belly so the test could work. The good news is he only reacted to cats and peanuts and neither are really horrible. The bad news is we we get to repeat the test again in Jan.

No comments:

Post a Comment