Monday, August 27, 2012

Things I want to teach my boys

I love being a mom to boys much more than I thought I would. BUT I know they wont be my little boys forever. One day they will go off and belong to someone else. Before that happens there are a few things I want to teach them.

1. The kitchen? Not just for girls. Learn to use a stove.

2. manners matter. please, thank you, sir and mam will get you far

3. hygiene is important. Shower daily, keep your nails trim and use deodorant.

4. If a girl was worth the time to date she is worth the time to break up with. The computer and phone are not how you do it.

5. Listen... responses of "nothing" or "no" when you ask a girl what is wrong/is something wrong really mean something is wrong

6. Understand the job of a stay-at-home mom is equally as hard as yours.

7. Table manners. Use them.

8. The right thing isnt always the easy thing.

9. NEVER use your fists to solve ANY dispute. One wrong punch could take a life and it could be yours.

10. Birth control is as much your responsibility as it is hers. use condoms

11. Sexting is a federal offense.

12. Be kind. Open a door and help a stranger.

13. Smile, someone might just need to see it.

14. Think before you act.

15. You can always come home again

No comments:

Post a Comment