Wednesday, April 29, 2009

4 months

Two days ago the boys turned 4 months but today was our appointment. Thank god my sister came with me so she could help while the boys got shots and witness the way the pedi is.

So first the boys got weighed and measured. Owen is 13lbs 11oz(25th %) and 24.5in long (25th %). Ethan is 15lbs (50th %) and 24 in long(25th %).

Then came the fun part... the pedi came in. Her and I have clashed before and I think I need to start trying to find a new one. Owen is where the pedi and I got into it. She was just going to ignore everything. She didn't even notice his head til I said something (which I have brought up as a concern before). Then I once again asked for the meds to make Owen not fight the bottle. Once again she said she doesnt give them unless there is no weight gain. Um excuse me you are not the one having to try to feed him. She once again told me to feed him less more often. He is still hungry though and cries when the bottle is empty and cries while eating because it hurts. His weight has also slowed as a result. So she ordered an upper GI (I really think she only did because I threw a fit and she doesnt believe me). He is also showing signs of torticollis. She told me to flip him in his crib and only play with him on his left and told me all kinds of stuff I am already doing. He also needs a roll under his neck to keep him off his head. Ethan was no problem though he has eczema and a flattening head (though his isnt that bad). So now I have to put a rolled blanket under his neck while he sleeps too. He also got a new formula (Soy) because of the eczema. That makes the 5th formula he has been on.

So things the boys are doing these days.... holding hands, chewing fingers, babbling, drooling, rolling, and holding rattles that are put in their hands.

Now for what you have been waiting for...pics!









6 comments:

  1. I really like my pedi, but she is all the way in Kaiser, Livermore. I BF the girls for 8 weeks then went to formula Frankie was bleeding in her stool, so we switched to Nutramigen by Enfamil. My BFF recommended cuz her daughter went through lots of formula problems. I put both girls on it & it was the best thing that happened to us. My DR. Also told me to stay on it & she calls it baby caviar. It costs $26 per small can. However, ever since the girls were put on it, they had regular bm, weren't gasey, & much much happier. It says it's the #1 choice for colic. I think the key to it is that a predigested so babies don't have to work as hard.
    I don't think it would help if he is hurting while eating, but that's my experience with formula.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just caught up on your blog and really enjoyed reading it! My boys are just a couple weeks older than yours! We also had our 4mo. check up yesterday. I am beginning to wonder if there are really good pedi's in the world cause we are on our third and are still unhappy! I'll look forward to keeping up with your journey!

    -- Meg

    ReplyDelete
  3. LJ has exzema. My pedi told me to use dove sensitive skin body wash instead of johnsons, and when she has a breakout we use a thick moisturizer. She has not had one in while. we also got an prescription cream for it too. They didn't say anything about changing her formula. Hope things get better with your pedi, I absolutely love LJ's so I havn't had this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the boys are growing and they are doing great with milestones! THey are ahead of my boys with the rolling and grabbing things put in their hands. Mine have also gotten switched to soy due to eczema, but they both seem allergic to the soy too. So when we go in for their 4-month appt on Monday we'll be asking the pedi about that! And I'm sorry you're so frustrated with your dr; I would switch!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pic of your DH reading The True Story of the Three Little Pigs! That is a very funny book.

    ReplyDelete