Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Messy weekend

I know you wouldn't know it by looking at me but there are some things I am an obsessive perfectionist about. Party planning and throwing is one of them. Saturday the boys were baptized. I know deep down that things were great but I was stressed that things were not going as I had envisioned. We were told by the church that the baptism was to start at 930, to be there early and it was going to be us and one other family at most. Turns out that it was us and 3 other families and didn't start til 11. The boys had been up sense 6 am and needed a nap but people were playing pass the baby (bugging me even more because I dont know when they washed their hands and I know they didnt sanitize but that is a whole 'nother story). When I finally did get the boys to nap people thought it was a photo op waking them again. After the baptism we headed to the house for the after party. The boys are way cranky and hungry. They need a nap but wont go down. We feed them and let them play on the floor which apparently is an open invite for anyone that wants to hold a baby to come in and pick them up. There were way to many cooks in the kitchen. After this weekend I had to retrain the boys that tummy time is ok because of the amount of times they were picked up and the length of time they were held.

The boys and their godfathers


in the service


getting a blessing




being baptized



Another blessing


Candle lighting




With the priest



Cake


My gifts



Ethan the turtle eater


7 month pics



3 comments:

  1. The boys are WAy cute and you look so beautiful! Sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute! I love their baptism outfits, and you looked great loved your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys are too adorable!! You looked so beautiful, I LOVE that dress! :) I wish we could have been there to see the boys being baptized! Thanks for posting pics!

    ReplyDelete