Friday, March 12, 2010

Fish tank

Sometimes I feel like we live in a fish tank. Here we are just trying to live our lives and we have these people watching us. I dont know these people but there they are watching. Oh and the comments these people make as if we cant hear. So sometime I retreat to the internet. BUT even there people are watching. On a chat board I belong to it is not uncommon for someone to post something and get a reply "sorry I know I dont belong here but I lurk all the time and just had to tell you your twins/triplets are so cute". We call these people lurkers. It get frightening at times too. A few of these internet friends have had people take pictures of their kids and make up stories calling their kids their own. So many people have switched to private boards. I used to belong to one but burned that bridge in a fit that now I look back on with regret. So I looked for a new home. A new place where I could safely talk...And post... and get advice. I even tried to go back to the board that I left (I cant say I was expecting to be welcomed back but it did hurt to get the deny message in my inbox). So with no place to be what is a woman to do to escape the fish tank... I created a new board. Now I have the board that I am the only member of lol. I cant post the address because then it wouldnt be private and I dont know how to get members. It is sad really.

No comments:

Post a Comment