Friday, January 14, 2011

most embarrassing moment

I promised you and I will follow through. I told you that if I got 20 followers I would tell you my most embarrassing moment. Well I know you pulled your friends (Laura) to make this happen. So hear it goes but please dont forget to leave some love.

Could my most embarrassing moment have happened at a young age? In the first grade I was in a class that had these blocks around the rug area. One day I was leaning over the blocks during free-time. I was in a dress. Two of my male classmates took it upon themselves to come up behind me and pull my dress over my head. I was mortified. But I dont think that was the most embarrassing.

A few years later, seventh grade, I was sitting in math class. I sat in the VERY front row. I asked to be excused to go to the bathroom. When I got there I found that I had started my period for the very first time and had made a complete mess of my shorts. It was BAD. I knew I couldnt go back to class and I knew my classmates had to have noticed when I left so I headed to the office. The office couldnt just let me go home so I had to sit there. They tried everyone on my emergency contact list. They couldnt reach anyone. On the second pass through my contact list they finally got someone to answer the phone. My moms friend, he was very understanding but at work and instructed the school to let me walk home to change and he would take lunch and bring me back. I walked home the 12 blocks in blood soaked shorts. Wow that was bad but not the worst.

I am no graceful swan. Anyone that knows me in real life knows that. I fall, trip and stumble more than anyone I know. Could my most embarrassing moment have to do with that? In high school I fell more than once. The first time I was looking at a boy I thought was cute and tripped backwards over a tree root landing on my butt in a mud puddle. That was bad. Then a few years later I was walking to school on the last day of school and tripped right in front of the school. I landed in the street and ended up with a broken hand. In college I fell down the second half of a flight of stairs in front of a crowd of frat boys. I only stopped falling when I hit a wall. One time I tripped in the dining hall and ended up throwing my tray full of food some number of feet onto another person. Yeah those are bad but not the worst.

I have been walked in on in the shower, on the toilet and "in bed". I have walked out of bathrooms with skirts tucked in my panties. I have had my shirt catch on a desk and come unbuttoned. I have had a "friend" take a poll at a party as to get the popular opinion on me having sex. I vomited on everything in a 2 door bathroom during a party when no one would get out of my way (then I continued out to the street to continue my display in the gutter). I had the police show up at my work because I forgot the alarm code and set it off. Still not the worst.

During college I had a job I loved with people I am still friends with. Part of my job was what I considered a perk. I got to drive an electric golf cart. My second year at the same job they got a brand new state of the art cart. The thing was a pain to turn but it was nice. One spring day I was driving a student with a broken leg to class and went to make a turn. When I turned the wheel the steering wheel came off in my hands. When I looked up shocked the student I was driving laughed. He got out and made some comment about having to walk from there. When I looked I noticed at that exact moment an ambassador was giving a tour. They had stepped off onto the grass so I could pass and the WHOLE crowd saw what had happened. If that wasnt the worst part that came when I had to walk back to the office and tell my boss what happened to the brand new cart by handing her the steering wheel and telling her that we needed to cancel all rides for the day. I wanted to die. Then she made me walk her to where I had to leave the cart and explain again exactly what happened. It just so happened that this coincided with classes getting out so I once again had a crowd. Yep I think that takes the cake.


remember if I get:

30 followers= horrible dating moment
50 followers= will publish all the posts I have written and not published and man are they juicy

2 comments:

  1. This made my night. :) I just love embarrassing moment stories. Mine was in high school, in anatomy class we were dissecting cats and we had to put the cat back in the bag and clean up. My friend let the cat go while I was holding the bag and the cat fell on me. I freaked out, backed up (waving my hands and screaming) and tripped over the cat's cardboard storage box and fell flat on my ass and the asphalt ripped my gloves open and cut up my hands. I looked up and the entire class and teacher were laughing at me. I had marks on my butt from falling on the asphalt and smelled like formaldehyde.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me smile :-)
    Nothing embarrasing happens to me though cuz I'm perfect.

    ReplyDelete