Tuesday, June 14, 2011

30 weeks and all is...busy

Today I am 30 weeks.


Yep it looks like there is a baby in there. LOL

This past Thursday I saw the OB. Everything is going good. I am only up 13 lbs and my blood pressure was 112/70 so good as well. I am now going to be seen every 2 weeks. My pelvic bone is loosening up and is starting to become painful at times. BUT at least it isnt popping...yet. The OB said all he can do is give me vicodin. I didnt want it so I turned him down. We are still on track for AUG 15 being this little mans birthday.

Tonight we went on a hospital tour. We are delivering at the same hospital as the boys but they did a complete new unit/ward for women and babies. We learned all about the new policies and are very excited about delivering there. They walked us through a presentation telling us all about their new "baby friendly" status. They have a breastfeeding group that meets every Wednesday at 1pm. They are very much breast is best and you have to sign papers in order for your baby to be given a pacci or a bottle. The do skin to skin contact as soon as it is safe for mommy/baby. They have a nursery but it is only used for hearing tests or if the baby has an issue. Other than that the baby rooms with you at all times (even if under bili lights). Best part all rooms are private! That in and of itself is a HUGE blessing.

The hospital has also changed its visiting hours and policies. If you would like to know these please contact Erick and he will inform you.

1 comment:

  1. You look great Amber. Hope all goes well, and you have a healthy baby boy. So excited for you, Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete