Friday, July 22, 2011

appointment and hospital rules

This morning I had another appointment with the OB. First was the scale and I lost 2lbs in the last 2 weeks. I am now up a total of 13lbs (or 7lbs depending on which nurse and what date they are using). My blood pressure was good at 110/70. I got my first internal check along with my group B strep culture. My cervix is closed tight and still long. The OB says he doubts I will have any trouble making it to my c-section. Speaking of c-section.... It is going to be Aug 15th at 7:30 am (provided we dont get bumped). I have my pre op with the OB Aug 10th and with the hospital on Aug 14th. I will also have a phone interview with the hospital sometime next week.

This time we are happy to have visitors at the hospital. On Aug 15th we are asking that visitors dont come before 1 and leave by 5. This will give us time to get settled in the room and hopefully get me out of bed. The leaving by 5 is because the boys will be coming to visit then.

Normal visiting hours are from 11a-8p. Visitors are limited to 2 at a time and no one under 16. My cell will be on as will Erick's if you want to call to find out if there is room to visit. 24-hour patient and visitor parking is available in the parking lot across the street from the hospital at the Northwest corner of Maple and California Streets. The underground parking garage on Maple Street is open from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. The cost for parking in either lot is $5 per vehicle, per day. Anyone with a Handicapped placard can access our parking lots at no charge. The Emergency Department parking lot on Maple Street is reserved only for patients seeking emergency medical assistance.

Meal times for the hospital are...
Breakfast 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Lunch 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Dinner 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
please avoid these times unless you want to watch me eat.

HOSPITAL INFO PER THEIR WEBSITE

Maternity Department
The birth of a new baby is an exciting time and we understand that family and friends are anxious to visit. However, the security, safety, and comfort of our patients and babies are of utmost importance to us. These guidelines were developed to help ensure a pleasant, healthy birthing experience.

* Maternity visiting hours are 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
* Children under age 16 are not allowed in the department. Exception: after delivery, brothers and sisters of the newborn, accompanied by an adult, are welcome during Sibling Visiting Hours from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. Short visits are best for children.
* The number of visitors at the bedside in Maternity is limited to two people at any given time.
* Visitors must not have fever, cold, cold sores, diarrhea, vomiting, rash or skin sores. Important - Visitors who have been exposed to illnesses such as chickenpox or measles may not visit.



If you need directions go here

No comments:

Post a Comment