Friday, July 29, 2011

Where's the baby?

Today we had my weekly OB check. I found the 2 lbs I lost last week. I am up a total of 15 lbs again. The wait was crazy today. We got there early like always (like they ask), peed in the cup, sat down and waited. In a timely manner we were called when we stood she said Erick could sit it was just a vitals check (bp 110/70). When I joined him back in the waiting room we didnt have to wait long before we were called back. Then the wait really started. We were in the TINY exam room nearly 50 min.

One the Dr came in I asked him how big the baby is expected to be. I really love my OB. His response was ...

"How big were your boys again?"
Me: "5lb4 and 5lb9"
OB: "Wow nearly 11 lbs of baby. Well you can expect this one to be more than the boys alone and less than them together."
Me: "Thanks Doc."

So because the Dr was a smart ass the baby decided to be one too. When the Dr tried to get him on the doppler he was literally running from it. I mean you could see my stomach shift. You would hear 2-3 beats then nothing. So an u/s was called for and we got to find out.

Presentation: cephalic

Amniotic Fluid: normal

MEASUREMENTS:

BPD 37 W0D 9.13CM
HC 37 W5D
AC 34 W0D
FL 36 W1D

EFW: 2618 GRAMS 5lbs 12oz

They gave us a few pictures but they are really hard to see as there isnt much room in there.

When we got home Ethan had the following convo with me after I showed him the pictures of the baby.

Ethan: I have to play with my baby!
Me: Where is your baby?
E: hum I have to find him. (looks under the tv then at me) I think he's in your belly.
Me: oh this is your baby in my belly
E: yes, he is in your belly. You ate him. Spit him out!

Hun if it were only that easy. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment