Thursday, September 17, 2009

Funny old ladies

Today I took my mom to the hospital for a check with her Dr and to get her flu shot. Her Dr wants her to get a chest X-ray to check the wiring and scar tissue from her heart surgery 5 years ago. So we go off to radiology. While we are in radiology these 2 little old ladies come in. I am there by myself with the boys because my mom had been called back. This is how things went...

OL1: ooooOOOoo twins can I see? I just love twins and yours are so cute. I wont touch (clasps hands at chest). ooooOOOoooo twins are so special. Look OL2 twins. (ol2 comes over)
OL1 to OL2:arnt they cute?
OL1: Are they identical? No they arnt I can tell them apart.
Me: Thank you. They are fraternal not identical.
OL1: What does identical mean?
Blank stare
OL2: Which one is an egg splitting?
Me: OOOooo identical is 1 egg that splits fraternal is 2 different eggs.
OL1: (various other common questions)
(OL2 starts touching the boys feet and legs talking to them)
Me: I dont mean to be rude but it is flu season. (OL2 walks off grumbling)
OL1 to OL2: I told you not to touch. (walks off after OL2)

So they sit in the corner of the room maybe 10 feet away from me and I can hear they are still talking about me and the boys.

This is what I hear:
OL1 to OL2:My she is young ( I am 25) but she sure is handling it well.
grumble grumble
OL1 to OL2:Those are some very cute well behaved boys
grumble grumble
OL1 to OL2:I told you before you dont touch other peoples babies without asking. It is rude. She is a good mommy leave her alone.
grumble grumble

LOL

1 comment:

  1. So I am glad you had a more positive interaction with these old ladies than the ones at the restaurant...

    xoxo
    jenn

    ReplyDelete