Tuesday, July 8, 2008

a little more detail on yesterday

I had an appointment yesterday at 430. The office was a little scattered and the nurse and the OB kept missing eachother. So finally the OB and the u/s machine are in the room at the same time. She puts the wand on me and says she is going to go see if she can get this special tech to do it as she is not seeing the baby could I please go out to the waiting room. UMMMMM freakout time.
Erick and I go out to the waiting room and wait again. We are called back by the nurse who just needed more info then sent out again. Now I am really freaking out because we are the only ones there and the office is closed. Not even the front staff is there anymore. Finally we are called back by the new special dr. She sitsme on the table and points out to Erick te daddy monitor. The second u/s of the day starts I am holding my breath as the tech tell us that both babies look great. WHAT!!!!!! Both babies? She turns the screen a little and points them out. She shows us that one baby is on top of the other. (meaning at my first appointment when they only saw one the babies were lined up and baby B was bihind baby A from the trans vag view). I am sitting on the table as she takes more and more pics shaking and crying and Erick is beeming from ear to ear. It really was amazing. Twin A is a little hard to see and a little camera shy. Twin B wanted to be known and was waving at us. Both are very active and look beautiful and perfect. Needless to say we went through all stages today from knowing threre was one, thinking we had lost, and finding out that I have very health twins with heartrates of 169 and 167. When the tech was done she asked if out OB had wanted to see us again before we left. I told her she didnt say anything but sssing as she thought it was only one and now we have two she may want to. She comes over beaming and is in shock too. She said things are going to be a little different with my care now and we will get lots more pics. We couldnt be any happier. Now anyone want to tell me any twin tricks. At least I have one thing going in the tag team against me we were told they most likely are not identical. If you look in the pic in my last post you can see there is a nice thick layer between the babies. Oh and the reason my OB couldnt find the baby is because she was looking for one by my pelvic bone well the twins are up by my belly button. leave it to my kids to hide. lol

6 comments:

  1. Quick question: What protocol got you pregnant?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is just filled with good news! Hooray for healthy looking twins. I just love hearing stories like this. Best of luck with the remainder of your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That is awesome, awesome news.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't believe this, how FREAKING exciting for you two!!!

    ReplyDelete