Monday, December 22, 2008

not so thrilled

So today I had an appointment with a doctor in the practice that I had yet to meet. The doctor suggested it might be a good idea to meet him because he will be on call New Years Eve and day. Then my normal Dr said he was a nice guy and kinda looked like Santa. So all week I was kinda excited about meeting Santa lol. The appointment did not live up to the excitement though.

First we get there and it says out of all the doctors he is delayed. I am thinking great now I get to wait god knows how long. I wasnt waiting long the sign was wrong as was everything else from that point on. They took my weight +7 lbs in 5 days. OUCH. Im still not even up 30 but still. Then she had me stand in the hall and wait for the bathroom to be cleaned in order to leave a urine sample. Finally rather then show me to the room she pointed and told me last door down the hall. The last door down the hall was a supply closet. So I am sitting in the room and she finally comes in to take my blood pressure (117/70) and starts asking me about the baby. I nicely tell her babies. She tells me she feels sorry for me and asks if I have lots of help at home. Then She said she was glad she didnt have twins. At this point I am ignoring her. She hands me a blanket and tells me to undress from the waste down and starts to walk out. I give her a puzzled look I was told no internals yet because they dont want to set me off. She then looks in my chart and asks me if I have had the group B test. I say no. She said waste down preps for it and walks out. Isnt that something she should know before telling someone to undress? What was she expecting the Dr to need me undressed for he didnt do an internal? So I am now sitting there undressed and waiting thinking great this now this appointment is hi nice to meet you let me look under the hood.

Finally the doctor comes in he says something about the baby. I look at him and say babies its twins. To that he replies and I quote "I was wondering why you were so huge". Um excuse me? Im not even up 30 lbs yes I know I am big but didnt you bother to peek in the chart of a new patient especially if you were wondering something. So at this point I am peeved. I dont even care anymore. He asks me what position they are in and I tell him I dont know the last time that was checked was 11-25 and we know they arnt in the same places now. To that he starts arguing that no what was I told at my biophysical profiles (BPP). I try to tell him I am not getting BPPs only weekly NSTs. He argues again telling me I should be biweekly. OK thats nice but that was not what was ordered for me. So he orders it (ie writes it on my chart). He then hands me my chart and tells me to give my chart to the nurse and make sure she calls it in. When did this become my job? I did though because I want to see the babies. Yes that is a true accounting no fudging account of my visit today.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you had a horrible appt. You've been in my thoughts the past few days. I hope you and the babies are doing well.

    It's ridiculous how insensitive, stupid and frustrating some people in the medical field are. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete