Wednesday, February 25, 2009

feeling inspired

For the last 10 months I have been part of an amazing group of women on a chat board for moms of multiples (MoMs). Well over the last month or so the MoMs board has been gripped by a very sad story. One of the MoMs found out that she was going to lose both her daughters that it was only a matter of time. Well a few days ago that time was up. In a matter of less then 24 hrs both her girls passed. Today she posted the most beautiful blog and makes me see that she is one of the strongest women I have had the chance to get to know. Her post brought me to tears (http://www.sweetgirlies.blogspot.com/). It has also inspired me.

Motherhood has its ups and downs. Some days are way easier then others. Nothing anyone says or does can ever prepare you for the joys and sorrows it brings. Today I choose to focus on the joys in honor of Brooks girls.

I love how you snuggle in when I hold you
I love how you sigh when you are content
I love the smiles I got yesterday when I got you up from your naps
I love that sometimes only my touch will do
I love watching you grow
I love seeing all your firsts
I love how hard you try to do new things
I love the little noises you make when you eat
I love the time we get together when I hold you after you have eaten
I love when you hold my hand/finger
I love when you spy on me

My boys I love you more then anything in the world. I love you more than I ever knew one person could love another. You are my pride and joys. I look forward more then anything to watching you grow into wonderful men.

Moms hold your baby tight tonight and let them know how much you love them. Life is short and you never know what twists it will take.

No comments:

Post a Comment