Monday, February 23, 2009

Life happens

I have been so caught up with the boys that I have been a bad blogger. We went on our first overnight trip with the boys and let me say they did great but it was hard on me. They stuck to their schedule which was wonderful but unwanted input and advice can get overwhelming at times. I dont understand how people can poopoo the wishes of the parents or even blatantly ignore them. BUT that is another story for another time.

Our little trip took us to my MILs house so that Erick's grandma could meet the boys on her 89th birthday. She was so happy to get to meet them and hold them. Over the weekend the boys also met Erick's aunt and uncle. I really missed our small apartment because we stayed on the second floor about as far in the house as we could have gotten from the kitchen. Going down stairs holding a baby while half awake at 3 am is not something I enjoyed and is something that is enough to wake you from any amount of drowsyness when you get to a landing and think you are missing a stair. That is how we spent our Valentines day feeding babies and visiting family away from home. Romantic right? To add to the romance Erick got me exactly one thing for Valentines day. Are you ready for this? He got me NOTHING. No card...No note... No chocolates... No not one little thing.







In addition to the family the boys met while we were away we stopped at my grandpas and the boys met more family. All this meeting family has made me realize one thing. When babies are around you you have no personal space. People touch you and them and sit as close to you as they can. It doesnt matter what you are doing. They want to see and touch the baby so they will.

The boys have a lot going on this week too. Thursday is Owens heart check and Friday the boys get their first round of shots. I cant wait to find out how much they weigh. It finally looks like Ethan is going to be bigger then Owen for the first time sense birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment