Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Still fighting

It has been 6 weeks sense Owen got fitted for his helmet. It was another 5 weeks or so before that that we were told he needed it. I call every week to check the status. His insurance denied him because of his age. Well if you had approved the referral in the first place age wouldnt be an issue. So they referred him to another program to pay for it. They are dragging their feet hoping we cancel the helmet. So once again I call to status check. This time I ask for the number to CCS and how much to just pay for the helmet. $2500 to get him the helmet. Then she says "just so you know I have seen it before, families get the money to get the helmet and CCS and insurance deem it unneeded and the family NEVER gets reimbursed". Great so let me just bend over and pull $2500 out my butt to get the helmet I requested at 4 months. That insurance would have approved then but they and the Dr suck and now it is 5.5 months later and we are still waiting and Owen's head isnt getting any better. (WOW run on sentence) This sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment