Friday, June 11, 2010

Not off to a good start

argggg so tired and upset
Yesterday Owen developed a fever. At noon it was 101.3 at 7 pm it was 102.4 (after 2 doses of Tylonal and a cool bath). So I called the on call pedi. He said what I was doing was right and to call back if when we went to leave in the morning Owen still had a fever.

When we got up to leave for vaca at 6am Owen still had a 102 fever. I called the on call again (like I was told to) and got scolded for not just waiting til 730 when the pedi opened. Then got told he needed to be seen and to call at 730 to get an appt. so we go out to breakfast. At 730 when I call I get told that only 2 out of 6 pedis are in the office today and the first appt is at 430p. I cry they call they call the pedi and she says they can squeeze me in at 10a. Screw that I will go to urgent care (they open at 9 am).

At 9a we are waiting outside urgent care. First in line to get told they no longer take our insurance. So we run to the pedi and ask for the 10a appt back. Nope taken. They can now squeeze us in at 1130. Fine. The nurse takes pity on me and says if we go check in for our 1130 appt she will pull an oops and put our chart in as soon as I bring the paperwork. So we check in and sit down. It is now about 915. 1115 we FINALLY get called.

No sign of fever or anything when we go back. They order bloodwork. ***. We are told not to leave town til the bloodwork comes back. Dr tells us if we rush over right this instant we may get the call back before lunch. It is now 1230. We have had lunch and the boys have yet to nap. We hope we get the call soon so we can start our 13 hr drive (if the boys nap it wont take us 13 hrs it is really an 8 hr drive with no stops at all). FML

No comments:

Post a Comment