Monday, May 25, 2009

Part 2

Part 2 of vaca was interesting. We had just gotten home and had to repack. We headed to Erick's aunts because his uncle was going to take us to the airport the next morning so we had to get up really early. Then the fun began.

At the airport....security was interesting. We forgot to take off our shoes. My bracelet beeped. The boys were up way to early. My bag got pulled because of the formula. When we got to the gate the boys ate and I went to change them. It was then I found a great surprise. I found that when they pulled my diaper bag and slammed it on the counter a can of formula opened and engulfed everything.

The flight there.... Owen was in the car seat and Ethan was in our laps. Owen woke only to eat then went back down. Ethan played and then slept. The funny part was the guy in front of Owens seat kept slamming his seat back, then forward, then back. Then he would turn around and glare at me. Hehehe like doing it over and over was going to change anything.

In South bend.... I know I should have more to write here because we were there a long time but it has been like 5 days and with my head in a haze I just dont remember. There was a lot of eating out and we went to the mall. We took the boys in a pool for the first time. The controversy about Obama speaking was interesting and disturbing to watch. Really I sent a lot of time on the phone. While we were there my sister went through a tragedy. At almost 34 weeks pregnant her uterus ruptured and her placenta detached. My sister lost 2 liters of blood, had 4 transfusions, and almost died. In the end my sister was saved but Mckenzie (the baby) didnt.

The flight home.... The boys were fussier but security went smoother. WE didnt get to pre-board which was a PITA.

Over all it was a smooth trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment