Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My story to date

Erick and I met by a stroke of luck in the rec. lounge of my residence hall. A few months later Erick attempted to ask me to marry him. Yes you read that right I said a few months. I laughed at him. Not the best response. The topic comes up more and more after that.  One night I got up the nerve and told him that if he didn't ask me I was going to ask him.  On May 8th 2003 just seven months after meeting wrapped in an embrace in the middle of my dorm room Erick asked me to be his and I said yes.  As you can imagine our families thought we were nuts.  Two years after he proposed we were married (Mothers Day 2008). Our wedding was beautiful.  It rained but just as we said I do it stopped. Perfect! I could not have asked for anything better.

May 2006- off birth control and trying for a baby

Aug. 2006- Started charting 

April 2007- Go to see doctor. I was told not to worry because I was young and after all she just had a baby last year at 35 with no problems. I asked for a referral (I was using the University health care). I was told they couldn't do that.  

Aug. 2007- 70 day cycle.  When to doctor was put on Provera.  New nurse practitioner  instantly started helping me. Found out the health center had said and documented that they referred me and that I declined services. 

Dec. 2007- Got my referral to the outside office that the NP that helped me works at.

Jan. 2008- First outside appointment with NP.  Discovered the doctor at the school signed off on my blood work saying that everything was normal when in fact my thyroid was off.  Started weight loss with diet, exercise and Adipax (along with BCPs).  

Feb. 2008- Redo Thyroid and everything is okay there. Dropped 22 pounds so far.

Today I had an ultrasound.  I had to go twice.  The first time I followed what I was told and my bladder didn't fill.  I follow the new instructions I was given and I spend an hour dancing because I had to pee so bad.  She took a ton of images and I didn't get told anything other than I should ask to be checked for PCOS and that my right ovary didn't want its picture taken and was hiding in my bowels.  

So now I wait.  I have an appointment with the NP on Friday to find out if we can get off this nine week break and Adipax and start trying again.  At the appointment I will get the results of the U/S and find out what our next step is.  I know we have to repeat all the blood work that was done at the University and there has been talk of clomid.  I have so many questions for Friday.  I will keep you posted on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment