Thursday, March 27, 2008

Open mouth insert foot

Everyone has an opinion but sometimes it just doesn't need to be heard. I love how when you start telling your story suddenly everyone that would not touch the subject with you before is an expert.  When you share your story suddenly to the public you  are a expert at the smile and nod.  Come on you know what I mean.  That is where on the outside you are smiling and nodding to show that you are listening and on the inside you are thinking of all the painful ways you could kill the person.  You go through the list and cross off all the ways that you could kill them that just do not cause enough pain because you really want them to know 1) what it feels like to have trouble TTTCing and 2) because you want them to know how it really feels to have to hear some of these things.  There are just certain things that should be in the big book of common knowledge that everyone should get upon there ohhhhhh 13th birthday.  Why do "we"(society) teach our kids not to point or ask questions of people that may or may not be pg but as adults suddenly it is ok.  Sense when are the phrases "god has a plan for you" or "all thing happen for a reason"  or "maybe you just need to relax and work on you for a bit"  helpful or encouraging?  I tell you what I lost my faith in god or a higher power a long time ago and telling me that your god has a plan for me does not help.  Its biology and its a flawed process.  Even when everything goes right there is still only like a oh 1 in 5 chance of getting a living healthy child out of it.  I also love how friends stop calling/ writing.  All of this reminds me of 6th grade when my dad committed suicide.  I lost all my friends because for a 12 year old it is easier to make new friends and ignore someone who is suddenly different then to talk to them.  I didn't realize that I associated myself with people of a 6th graders mentality.  I also think it must really be hard to say "I don't understand what you are going through but thank you for including me."  I don't want people to feel sorry for me but I am tired of hearing things like "you are just trying to hard and making to much of this".  Really if people cant talk to me without telling me their opinion of what I should or should not be doing, how if i just give it time,  focus on something else, pray more, eat less, turn around, sit down, wiggle my ears and trust in god then I think I prefer them not talking to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment